A telephone call is often your customer’s first impression of your organization. Do not leave it to chance! You only get one chance to make a first impression. Effective phone answering skills are essential to creating a positive first impression that sets the tone for the rest of the customer’s interaction with your organization.
There are interesting statistics that show people develop a perception about you within the first 30 seconds of a phone conversation and their final opinion of you in the last 30 seconds. Learning and honing telephone and listening skills is the best possible thing anyone in this line of work can do to prove themselves valuable to the organization.
The phone skills and techniques that your team members use are essential to your organization’s image and its bottom line. Without a proper phone training programme in place chances are that your customer’s telephone experience with your organization is not being maximized. Your customers deserve top notch telephone customer service. Anything less and you are missing out on a golden opportunity to develop long term, loyal relationships with customers and potential customers.
Knowledge Development Objectives
At the end of this knowledge development programme, participants would have acquired the knowledge and skills to:
- Manage telephone communication with clarity, accuracy, and courtesy.
- Demonstrate improvement in their listening skills
- Implement strategies for dealing politely and successfully with discourteous, demanding, or dissatisfied customers/clients.
- Sell themselves and their companies on the telephone
- Effectively persuade customers/clients on the telephone
- Transfer calls, put callers on hold, take messages and close the call efficiently
- Demonstrate excellent customer care and service delivery on the telephone
- Discover how to support and develop their own role and that of their boss and colleagues
- The ingredients of effective communication for Telephone Operators
- Selling yourself and your company on the telephone
- Ways to increase effective communication with customers
- The power of questions and reflective listening
- Understanding and using non-verbal message
- Mastering the telephone
- Dealing with upset people on the telephone
- Tele-marketing skills
- Persuasion skills
- Converting average customers to loyal and repeat customers
- Appropriate Greetings and Endings
- Gathering Information
- Listening Skills
- Transferring a Call
- Keeping Callers on Hold
- Suggesting and Verifying a Course of Action
- Dealing with Difficult Callers
- Telephone Etiquette
- Things to Avoid on the Phone
- Role Plays/Activities
Who Should Attend?
All frontline and other executives who needs to improve their telephone skills.