A warehouse management system is a key part of the supply chain and primarily aims to control the movement and storage of materials within a warehouse and process the associated transactions, including shipping, receiving, put away and picking.
The objective of warehouse management is to help in optimal cost of timely order fulfillment by managing the resources economically.
An effective warehouse management system will provide a set of computerized procedures to handle the receipt of stock and returns into a warehouse facility, model and manage the logical representation of the physical storage facilities (e.g. tracking, etc), manage the stock within the facility and enable a seamless link to order processing and logistics management in order to pick, pack and ship products out of the facility.
It is therefore essential for all staff involved in such a critical aspect of the Supply Chain to be equipped with all the necessary tools to operate at optimal level.
Knowledge Development Objectives
On completion of this workshop, participants will be equipped with knowledge and skills to:
- Develop indispensable skills to be able to supervise their organization’s warehouses effectively
- Learn the essential managerial tools that will aid them in making effective use of the staff and warehouse equipment to meet their customers’ demands.
- Identify the areas for improvement in customer relations by establishing feedback channels between their organizations, distribution partners and customers.
- Identify how to keep the best services at least cost.
- Develop a solid understanding of the fundamentals of warehouse management.
Session One – Identifying the Fundamental operations of the warehouse to determine its importance in the Supply Chain
Session Two – Warehouse Layout and Design
Session Three – Improving the Productivity of your Warehouse operations by utilizing cutting edge technologies
Session Four – Managing your Warehouse staff successfully to increase productivity and efficiency
Session Five – Minimizing Merchandise risks by outlining the best methods to keep your operations cost-efficient
Session Six – Establishing a successful client base by meeting customer service levels in the supply and demand chain
Session Seven – Analyzing the productivity of your warehouse by measuring your performance in meeting deadlines and delivery dates
Who Should Attend
Warehouse Managers, Operations Managers, Distribution Managers, Inventory Superintendents, Senior Storekeepers, Warehouse Controllers, Materials Managers, Warehouse Supervisors, Warehouse Operations Managers, Stock Control Managers, Supply Chain Managers, Stores Controllers/Stores Heads