Operational risk management covers the analysis and management of an organization’s risk of monetary loss resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or external events. It involves applying appropriate management policies and procedures to ensure a continuous, systematic process of identifying and controlling risks in all activities using a set of pre-conceived parameters. These procedures may include detecting hazards, assessing risks; and implementing and monitoring risk controls to support effective, risk-based decision-making.
This programme focuses on providing participants with all requisite knowledge, skills and techniques to effectively maintain a low operational risk environment in their organizations.
Knowledge Development Objectives
At the end of the workshop, the participants would have acquired requisite knowledge and skills to help them:
- Understand the scope and implications of operational risk
- Identify and define the boundaries of operational risk
- Understand specific risks in financial institutions and their impact on operational efficiency
- Evaluate the organization’s susceptibility to operational risk
- Examine some of the models for tackling operational risks
- Identify solutions and tackle line management, internal control and the effect of human error on organizational efficiency
- Implement solutions (including IT) to mitigate operational risk
- Structure control and automatic mechanisms for detection and resolution of problems associated with operational risks
- Utilize a systematic and simple way of solving operational risk problems
- Understand the crucial role of a responsible management philosophy in controlling risk
- Provide focused information media which will provide the catalyst for effective risk control in their organizations
- Build an experienced and well motivated operational risk team
Module 1: Overview of Operational Risk
Module 2: Analyzing Specific Risks
Module 3: Measuring Operational Risk
Module 4: Understanding The New Operational Risk Environment
Module 5: Managing and Implementing The Operational Risk Management Policy
Module 6: Identifying and Tackling Line Management Issues
Who Should Attend:
Risk Managers, Relationship Managers and Auditors/Internal Control Officers.