Minute taking is an integral factor in the success of a meeting. When the discussions are underway and decisions have been verbally made, accurate meeting minutes will record what has taken place and what actions are required.
This knowledge development programme provides participants with a good understanding of the purpose of meetings. It teaches delegates how to take concise minutes that are easy to read and form an accurate account of a meeting.
Knowledge Development Objectives
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Write and distribute their minutes with confidence
- Understand best practice theories to prepare for meetings and write effective minutes
- Clearly identify their roles before, during and after meetings
- Identify positive strategies to listening and summarizing
- Deal with jargon and technical language and grammar professionally
- Identify different methods of Minute Taking and Organizing their materials
- Learn techniques to identify and highlight important points in a clear concise language
- Confidently take accurate and concise Minutes
Module 1: Effective Meetings
Module 2: Note Taking
Module 3: Attending the Meeting
Module 4: Writing Minutes
Who Should Attend:
Secretaries, Personal Assistants and anyone whose job function includes minutes taking and writing.