Management and Channel Distribution are a critical company function. Professionals in this field play a key role in fulfilling customer demands, ordering and managing inventory, controlling inbound and outbound shipments, reducing costs, saving time and meeting company objectives.
This course will not only show you how to create and operate a logistics function, but it will also show you how to achieve success through combination of strategies and tactics.
Key Knowledge Objectives
At the end of this training, participants should be able to:
- Understand the state of the art in logistics management and its implications for all levels in an organization.
- Learn how to manage transportation, distributions and inventory functions.
- Identify the key elements of customer service and design the most profitable network.
- Collaborate with other managers in supply chain, distribution, inventory management and transportation.
- Distribution systems and process design
- Distribution network consideration
- Transportation and logistics management
- Distribution regulatory issues.
- Warehouse selection, material handling and packaging.
- Order fulfillment and customer service.
- Inventory management.
- Issues involved in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and bar coding.
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), electronic commerce(e- commerce)
- Distribution and Resource Planning (DRP)
Who Should Attend
This course is for Managers and Executives in Purchasing, Sourcing, Planning, Inventory, Operations, Logistics and Distribution.