This practical programme deals with people management issues. Delegates will be introduced to the fundamental skills and techniques necessary to manage effectively. They will also learn how to focus on the more challenging tasks such as planning, innovation and facilitating teamwork.
Knowledge Development Objectives
As a result of this program, participants will return to the work place with a clearer perspective of the components and steps necessary for improved staff performance through effective leadership.
- Gain greater understanding of a leader’s responsibility
- Learn how to apply leadership and coaching/support skills
- Create and maintain efficient, effective, and motivated teams
- Maximize team performance by understanding human behaviour and focusing on the needs of the individual and the team
- Improve the ability to communicate and relate with the team and customers
- Strengthen techniques for managing the performance of teams.
Module One – Critical Underpinnings of Effective Team Leadership
Module Two – Organizing and Producing
Module Three – Boundary Management
Module Four – Communication Skills
Module Five – Measuring Team Progress and Motivating Team Members
Who Should Attend
This programme is designed for supervisors, newly appointed / prospective managers and those who wish to gain the knowledge, understanding and necessary skills to manage effectively. It is also suitable for employees who are considered to be ready for further development.