In recent years, strategic/key account management has become a crucial issue for many companies. Driven by some form of 80/20 rule (Pareto’s Rule), – 80% of current or potential revenues come from 20% of customers – many organizations have come to realize that these customers must be treated somewhat differently from the average customer. Of course, it is one thing to recognize that these accounts should be treated differently, it is quite another to figure out exactly what to do. Many companies are struggling to deal with these questions on a national, regional or global basis, particularly in the face of the many forces of globalization that companies are faced with in this present day global market.
Our Key Account Management training program teaches key account managers and senior salespeople how to prepare and implement a major account sales strategy. The program teaches a key account management planning process needed to identify strategic accounts, gain entry, broaden account penetration, and improve customer retention. Since key account management often requires team sales, the programme addresses the sales techniques and skills needed to use sales teams effectively.
Knowledge Development Objectives
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- How to evaluate the fundamental attributes of a key account
- Assign a tangible value to any account
- Define clear roles and responsibilities of key account managers
- Evaluate a client business environmental analysis
- Assess client organizational culture and it’s fit with your organization
- Research clients financial performance and future business objectives
- Create a client SWOT analysis
- Develop a Competitor Matrix
- Pareto analysis of accounts
- Create a contact matrix and ensure all team members are aware of their roles and responsibilities.
- Motivational theory and its relevance to maintaining good client relationships
- Understand buyer motivation and how you can influence it
- How to effectively network the account
- Maintain team focus ensuring account objectives and key tasks are meet
- Recognize where influence and authority lies and its impact on account activity
- Learn how to build a ring of steel around your client and stop your competitors in dead their tracks
- Understand the importance of product development within a key account
- Use account planning tools to build a robust and implementable ten point client plan
Session 1: What is Key Account Management
Session 2: Roles and responsibilities of a Key Account Manager
Session 3: Defining a Key Account
Session 4: Understanding the Client’s business requirements
Who Should Attend:
All professionals with a portfolio of clients to manage and retain, irrespective of industry.