The major aim of this knowledge development programmes to equip participants with the capacity to develop and improve the auditing function in their respective organizations so as to adopt and maintain international standards of auditing offer an upgraded level of service to financial institutions through quality of information and gain public confidence in the auditing process.
Knowledge Development Objectives
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Establish the principles and procedures with which auditors are required to comply in carrying out audit functions.
- Acquire a firm grasp of the functions and responsibilities of an internal auditor and the full implications of his/her role.
- Satisfy international auditing standard requirements.
- Apply suitable audit software and computer systems and increase efficiency and precision while fulfilling their roles as internal auditors.
- Apply effective system based audits and develop control to minimize the eventuality of fraud.
- Reviewing Internal Audit Standards against current practices, Performance, Quality and Implementation Standards.
- Audit management and systems; Risk management, evaluating and ranking of operational risk.
- Reinforcement of internal controls, monitoring quality standards. Methods of detecting and curbing fraud.
- Communications; preparation and presentation of audit reports.
- Foreign Exchange operations.
- IT and Internal audit, working in a paperless environment.
- Case studies and field visits; preparation and presentation of action plan.
Who Should Attend
Internal Control Officers/Staff, Internal Auditors, etc