According to WHO in 1948, Health is the state of complete physical, mental and social well being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. Health therefore is a prerequisite for sound economic growth and stability in any given society.
It is therefore your responsibility to be healthy in order to enhance your capacity and capability to excel and cope effectively with the high intellectual and mental demands of your work.
Stress is an ever present and growing element in our working lives. To deal with it, we need some simple and complex techniques – techniques that are essential skills for survival in this stress-soaked environment we live and operate in.
This knowledge development programme teaches participants critical tips on how to manage their health. It seeks to strike a balance between theory and practice, providing advice and guidance on application of proven methods of stress management in the workplace and also in everyday life.
Knowledge Development Objectives
At the end of this knowledge development programme, participants will learn how to:
- Manage health
- Cope with stress
- Identify common diseases associated with sedentary lifestyle/executive work
- Learn how to control blood pressure and hypertension
- Manage sudden death syndrome
- Manage diabetes
- Manage nutrition and ensure they eat balanced diet always
- Learn the importance of exercise in maintaining sound health
- Discover how to support and develop their own role and that of their boss and colleagues
- What is Health?
- Importance of living a healthy life
- What is Stress?
- Causes of Stress
- Stress Management
- Relaxation Techniques
- Stress & Health Numbers (The Mathematics of Life)
- Prevention and Control of High Blood Pressure
- Sudden Death Syndrome
- Modern Methods of Diabetic Management
- The role of exercises in maintain sound health
- Eating right
Who Should Attend?
All professionals who desire to take charge of their health and manage stress.