Fleet management is a standard process of keeping an organization’s multiple vehicles and their operators in top-running condition. It is the overall management of a company’s vehicle fleet, which includes commercial motor vehicles such as cars, vans, trucks, ships, etc. It also includes a range of functions, such as vehicle financing, vehicle maintenance, vehicle telematics (tracking and diagnostics), driver management, speed management, fuel management and health and safety management.
Fleet management is about establishing the best possible level of control over an inconsistent environment, where factors such as weather, traffic, breakdown, customer demand and availability of manpower and equipment can change from day to day or hour to hour.
Our Fleet Management knowledge development programme is guaranteed to give participants a comprehensive view of what fleet management entails. Participants will return to their organizations with up to date proven knowledge and skills to effectively manage their fleet with ease and obtain better results.
Knowledge Development Objectives
At the end of the programme, participants will:
- Know current global trends in fleet management
- Recognize how to monitor and reduce cost through effective fleet management.
- Understand the workings of vehicle tracking devices and the best ones to use that will suit the needs of their organization.
- Understand how to establish close monitoring of drivers in the field, for the most efficient and effective delivery of goods and services.
- Identify how to control the costs of operating and maintaining vehicles and equipment, to retain their values and extend their useful lives.
- Know how to minimize equipment and fleet costs, risks and liabilities.
- Be exposed to government legislation regarding vehicles and other equipment in their organization’s fleet.
- Fundamentals of Fleet Management
- Vehicle Tracking
- Fleet Tracking
- GPS Tracking
- Satellite Tracking
- Fleet Telematics
- Mechanical Diagnostics
- Driver Behaviour/Conduct
- E-Fleet Management
- Fleet Management Software
- Management of Ships
- Fleet Security and Control
- Remote Vehicle Disabling Systems
- Fleet Management replacement and lifecycle management
- Vehicle Care
- Government Regulations
- Vehicle Remarketing
- Sustainable Fleet Management
- Fleet Benchmarking and Financial management
Who Should Attend
All staff responsible for managing their organization’s fleet of vehicles, ships, etc.