This course will teach participants the modeling techniques available that can be used for accurate financial forecasting, and how to apply them using Microsoft Excel. It attracts delegates involved in investment appraisal, project financing, capital structuring, corporate valuation, MBOs and many more.
The course addresses the many shared characteristics of model types and identifies problems associated with the building of cash flow models in specific contexts such as transaction structuring, private equity, MBOs and acquisitions.
Knowledge Development Objectives
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Design a model that suits their own purposes
- Understand valuation modeling using conventional and new approaches
- Identify accurate forecasting corporate cash flows for project finance deals and structures
- Identify and control key sensitivities through advanced spreadsheet simulation
- Build risk into their model to enhance the decision making process
- Design a model to maximize flexibility and reliability
- Identify practical tips for checking and debugging the model
Financial Modeling Principles & Practices
- Introduction to Financial Modeling
- Principles of Financial Modeling
Applications of Financial Modeling
- Principles of Risk and Return
- Company Valuation: Theory and Application
Control of Financial Models
- Financial Model Auditing/Review
- Automated Model Generation Tools
Who Should Attend:
For professionals who wish to learn how to evaluate financial statements in predicting future financial condition, how to construct and use corporate financial models in valuing firms, how to use time series analysis in developing assumptions for investment decision making, and how to apply sophisticated Monte Carlo simulation techniques in financial forecasts.