Compensation is the remuneration received by an employee in exchange for his or her labor or contribution to the organizations goal attainment. Compensation is a valuable tool in the hand of the employer to engender performance, productivity and even discipline.
There is therefore the need to ensure that employees that manage this all important function in the organization have the right skill set to function in that capacity.
Knowledge Development Objectives
The course is designed to enable participants to:
- Develop a better understand understanding of the admin/Accounting functions in salary/wages administration using computer software.
- Acquire a good understanding of the principles and management of staff salaries
- Speak with knowledge and confidence on statutory matters affecting staff salaries
- The role of admin/personnel managers: salary/wages administration.
- Components of staff salaries/wages including the treatment of surcharge/sanctions, salary advance voluntary contributions
- Application of Nigeria tax laws to salary/wages and statutory deductions from employee’s emolument
- Introduction to excel
- Spreadsheet and payroll accounting
- Payroll software application Peachtree, quick book
- Post retirement emolument gratuity/pension administration
- Accounting for wages salaries including overtime/bonus administration system
Who Should Attend
Internal Audit & System Control staff, Supervisors, Human Resources Managers, Payroll Administrator, Accountants, Any staff who desires to know more on compensation and payroll management.