In business and engineering, new product design and development is the term used to describe the complete process of bringing a new product or service to market. There are two parallel paths involved in the process; one involves idea generation, product design and detail engineering; the other involves market research and market analysis. Companies typically see new product development as the first stage in generating and commercializing new products within the overall strategic process of product life cycle management used to maintain or grow their market share.
This knowledge development programme will teach critical skills and knowledge on how to successfully identify customers’ needs and expectations, design products that meet those needs and bring those new products into the market.
Knowledge Development Objectives
At the end of the programme, by applying the knowledge and skills acquired, participants should be able to:
- Identify the opportunities created by customers needs and expectations
- Identify what the organization wants to achieve
- Generate ideas
- Design products that meet Customers’ needs and expectations
- Manage successful pre and post production processes, including development, testing, validation and launching of products
- Draw up a basic marketing plan for the product
- Preliminary Investigation
- Detailed Investigation
- Idea Generation
- Idea Screening
- Concept Development and Testing
- Business Analysis
- Beta Testing and Market Testing
- Full Production
- Technical Implementation
- Product Launch
Who Should Attend
All marketing professionals charged with the responsibility of penetrating the market with new products.