Managing the HR function in an organization requires the use of many skills, including the ability to manage yourself, manage others, and the ability to make informed decisions and solve problems effectively.
This programme will enable HR professionals to understand how to get employees on ‘The Road to High Performance’ and to help keep them there!
Knowledge Development Objectives
- To ensure participants understand the different roles and responsibilities of Human Resources Managers/Professionals, and the importance of each one
- To identify the skills involved in managing people effectively, specifically the skills of planning and organizing, communication, assertiveness, and motivation
- To identify the recruitment and selection process, and to practice the skills of effective interviewing and recruitment
- To identify the key elements of employee relations, focusing specifically on the techniques of counselling, coaching, and dealing with disciplinary matters
- To examine the areas of employee training and development, and learn how to plan for training
- To understand the importance of appraisals and practice the skills of appraisal interviewing
- Human Resources Management
- Planning & Organizing Effectively
- Recruitment & Selection
- Job Descriptions, Competencies & Person Specifications
- Communicating Effectively
- The Recruitment Process
- Behavioural Styles
- Effective Coaching & Counselling
- Dealing With Disciplinary Issues
- Effective Appraisal Skills
- Developing A Training Plan
- Decision Making & People
Who Should Attend
New Entrants into HR/Non HR Managers.