Effective supervision is vital at the operational level in every organization to ensure adequate utilization and application of resources.
Any organization that does not have a clearly defined management structure and leadership pattern is likened to a ship without a captain. The role of supervisors is to provide direction among the team members along organizational frame work.
This advanced supervisory course is meant to enhance the supervising skills of the participants and equip them with the ability to achieve results through effective leadership of the team members.
Knowledge Development Objectives
At the end of the course, participants will:
- Gain greater understanding of a leader’s responsibility
- Understand the scope and nature of a supervisory position.
- Learn some ways to deal with the challenges of the role.
- Recognize their responsibilities as a supervisor, to self, the team, and the organization.
- Learn key techniques to help them plan and prioritize effectively.
- Acquire a basic understanding of leadership, team building, communication and motivation, and what part they play in effective supervision.
- Develop strategies for motivating the team, giving feedback, and resolving conflict.
- Learn how to apply leadership and coaching/support skills
- Create and maintain efficient, effective, and motivated teams
- Maximize team performance by understanding human behaviour and focusing on the needs of the individual and the team
- Improve the ability to communicate and relate with the team and customers
- Strengthen techniques for managing the performance of teams.
- Critical Underpinnings of Effective Supervision
- Leadership Skills for Supervisors
- Understanding your Role as a Supervisor
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Coaching, Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Time, Task and Paper Management
- Effective Delegation
- Motivating the Team
- Boundary Management
- Problem Solving and Conflict Resolution in Teams
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for supervisors, newly appointed/prospective Managers. It is also suitable for employees who are considered to be ready for further development.