As a manager, you will have the responsibility to write business documents that will help support the goals of your organization. In order to successfully create a variety of business documents, you need to thoroughly understand which documents work best for specific situations and how to produce them.
Even seasoned professionals occasionally need a brush up, especially if they are working on a team and producing technically correct yet non-uniform documents. This programme is designed for people who regularly write as part of their job. To be able to get the best out of the programme, participants are advised to bring documents they are currently working on in the office.
Knowledge Development Objectives
At the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Identify their writing challenges.
- Acquire tools to sharpen their writing skills and attack their existing workload with renewed energy and confidence.
- Make their writing clear, concise, and correct.
- Improve sentence construction and paragraph development.
- Identify ways to make their writing simpler and easier to read.
- Apply the readability index to their texts.
- Develop an appropriate writing style and format for letters, business cases, and reports.
- Develop effective business correspondence for tough situations.
Module 1: Composition Considerations: Essential Elements of Good Writing
Module 2: Simply Elegant: Grammar and Writing Mechanics
Module 3: Matching the Occasion: Determining Readability
Module 4: Putting It Together: Writing Letters
Module 5: Special Events: Dealing with Specific Requests
Who Should Attend:
For those who wish to improve their writing skills.